SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Uptight & Off Center - new book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I'm the author of Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight. I want to inform you of my new book Uptight & Off Center. Directed primarily for adults, it covers all aspects of SPD and focuses on the mental health issues involved in the dysfunction. It is available on Amazon currently as an ebook.

Though it is directed to adults, it will give you insight into the mental health issues children display as well as a result of this dysfunction.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Warmly,
Sharon Heller
Can you get Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight as an ebook PLEASE!!!!!!!!! (yes, all those exclamation points are necessary).

It's one of the books on my list of books of "I really want to read this but my SPD interferes with reading paper books so keep checking amazon for a kindle book because I want there to be an ebook available")

Anyways, as this one is an ebook, I'll look into it.
(11-08-2013, 08:51 PM)Tuttleturtle Wrote: [ -> ]Can you get Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight as an ebook PLEASE!!!!!!!!! (yes, all those exclamation points are necessary).

It's one of the books on my list of books of "I really want to read this but my SPD interferes with reading paper books so keep checking amazon for a kindle book because I want there to be an ebook available")

Anyways, as this one is an ebook, I'll look into it.

Too Loud will be out digitally in about 3 weeks.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's one of the books that's been on my "I have been obsessively checking for when it gets ebook form" list.
That is great! Does this book cover aging and what to do with menopause making the symptoms worse and the remedies less effective. I really am desperate to learn about solutions for that.
I have your book. My kids actually saw an article years ago and your book was mentioned it was ordered for me. It's right here by me. But I don't know what to do to get help. I suffer daily. It causes depression. No one was compassionate as a kid. I was just weird. And isolated to protect myself from noisy Loud people or places or sound
I have your original book. That was how I found out I'm not crazy. But that there are people like me. But it does not make my life easier. I've had the noise sensitivity since childhood and I'm well over 60 now. It's caused severe issues with school. College. Dating. Marriages. It's a constant issue where I live. Where I go. I carry earplugs all the time. Drive myself in case I have to leave. Everyone has always told me it's a control issue. It's a horrible medical and emotional issue.
I need support. A conference would be great to meet others.