SPD Support Forum

Full Version: New SPD Mom sayin' HI!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone!

I am a mom of a newly diagnosed SPD 6 yr old girl! She is a vestibular and properceptory seeker. I was SO GLAD to get this diagnosis as it validified my gut feelings and helps me feel better and that I'm not a bad parent!!!

I look forward to sharing here and getting advice from BTDT parents!!!!

Jill
Hi Jill!

I am also new to the group - and new at all of this. Recently found out my 7 year old son has SPD (tactile defensiveness) ADHD AND OCD Sad

All this time, I just thought he had a few little quirks, until those little quirks started taking over our lives to the point that he would not leave the house anymore. Looking forward to hearing other people's stories and tips as we begin trying to figure all this out.

Gina
Welcome. We entered this world 17 months ago and have learned a lot from this forum. It is indeed comforting to finally know you intuition is correct and you're not a bad parent! It can sure be exasperating. I hope you find helpful info and keep sharing your own thoughts and discoveries.