SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Friend in need of help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, wow! A new friend reminded me that this page was here and that I was a member. My computer crashed awhile back and I lost most of my info.
It just so happens that said friend needs help though, and I was wondering if you guys could give him some suggestions.
His screen name is Grant Robert Watson (that's what he goes by on here too). He runs a page on facebook called Adults with SPD forum but he needs some help and the page isn't big enough to help him out.
He wishes to know if you could help him. He has severe autism and sensory problems. I've sent him the link on filing out the sensory profiles but he's pretty close to overloading I think. He's facing four surgeries and he can't seem to get enough compression. He wears ace wraps on his face, acl post op braces for both legs, and medical walking casts on his feet daily (there's pictures on his website) and is attending two colleges and needs help on how to keep calm out in public and at school. He's talking about creating a binder for his professors to look at. I also recommended compression socks and vests, maybe wrist bands. He says he can't stop stimming and wants a deep pressure air chamber. Any ideas? I'm on the other side of the spectrum and seem to be drawing some blanks at times. I want to help him though. Thanks!
Merry Christmas and happy holidays!