SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hey everybody :)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey! Im new here,

My name is Ella Grace, I am a high school senior who has SPD.

I found this website because I continue to have questions relating to SPD and how to deal with it. I hope to connect with people who might have answers and advice.

My journey with living with SPD has been interesting to say the least. I was adopted at a young age and live with a loving adopted family. I was a "floppy baby" with low muscle tone and sensory issues that still affect me today. I had 3 years of Occupational therapy as a younger child and my parents and I worked (continue to work) hard to overcome some challenges that come with havingSPD.

I live a pretty normal life, school, church, sports, and so on. I run cross country and swim competitively. I love hiking and anything outdoors.

If you have any question or need advice, don't hesitate to ask!

-Ella Grace
Hi, My name is Tania

I am new here as well.....

I have yet to be diagnosed with SPD but my therapist believes I have it. I am in the works in getting a referral from my doctor to see an OT Therapist so that I can get diagnosed. I have spent the last couple of days reading about the disorder and I believe I have it.

I am starting to learn more about myself this past year than I think I have ever....I am 30yrs old.......not sure what else to say so I will stop before I start to babble....just wanted to say hi really

Tania
Yay, another young person with SPD! I'm a younger teen with SPD, anxiety, and unspecified learning/attentional issues.