SPD Support Forum

Full Version: What to Expect with First Visit with an OT Therapist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I have yet to see the OT therapist but trying to get a referral from my Dr. so that I can. My therapist believes I have SPD.

Prime example went to a hockey game last month and ended up crying because the noise and crowd was too much to handle and take in...

I am new to this disorder but am spending loads of time researching it and seeing if I agree with my therapist and I do.

Not sure what to expect when I do go see the OT therapist so can anyone help? I don't want to go in the meeting with high anxiety and fearing the worst. I would love to go to the first session relaxed and somewhat knowledgeable.

P.S. Does SPD get worse as you get older? I am 30 and just realizing these issues that pertain to SPD

Thank you all

Tania
My daughter has her first OT appointment Monday and Im not really sure what to expect either? I believe they will just ask questions, maybe do some activities and evaluate. I dont believe its a pass/fail type eval meaning if you miss something on a question, they dont just say " ok well youre normal". Smile