SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hello from Germany
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

So glad to be here. I am American but hubby is stationed here in Germany . We will be here a few years.

I have spd as an adult though never diagnosed, I've had many signs since I was an infant. I was however misdiagnosed with all kinds of anxiety disorders etc. And given meds that did a lot more harm than good .
My son is 18 months old and I'm 99% sure he also has SPD, he's more of a seeker and I'm more of an avoider though. My son was born prematurely due to myself having pre eclampsia and hellp syndrome at 34 weeks. He has def had delays in motor skills. So a lot of times it's hard because my family and many others chalk all his sensory issues and delays to him being a preemie but I see red flags daily.

I have a ton of questions so I guess I'll just begin posting away Smile
Glad to have found this forum !
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you and your son have been through a lot with plenty more to go. I hope you are able to find the support and friendship you seek in this community. Smile