SPD Support Forum

Full Version: SPD + ADHD + Vyvanse? I'm confused and tormented...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SPD. It's a f*cking nightmare. I'm 43, officially diagnosed with bipolar disorder, ADHD, high-functioning Asperger's, but not SPD (because my lame MaineCare insurance doesn't cover it!). But, from my constantly screaming joints, extreme sound and EXTREME light sensitivity, and many other sensory issues, I most assuredly have SPD, I am still confounded by one thing: When I am on Vyvanse, 99% of my ADHD and SPD symptoms and distractions GO AWAY COMPLETELY. Once it wears off 5-7 hours later, they return with a vengeance for the rest of the day. I have no idea why.

I've been out of work for over 3 years because of all this...
I have ADD and undiagnosed SPD and I take Adderall and Prozac and it seems to take away most symptoms too but without pills I'm a complete mess and can hardly function. I ended up having to take the Adderall twice a day because once it wears off in the middle of the day I don't get anything done after work into the evening and am extremely drained.