SPD Support Forum

Full Version: New to the site, and SPD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I came here in search of support. I just found out my son has it, but not officially diagnosed yet. Looking back it makes sense. My son was born three months premature. We noticed he did not like bright lights, loud sounds, or his hands being dirty. It Is So bad about his hands that in preschool he actually had to wear gloves to finger paint. It's hard because we have had to avoid taking him to things we know he would love, like the circus, sporting events, and even the mall on busy days. He and I love bonding by watching sports and listening to all sorts of music. I hope to learn much and make new friends here Smile
Welcome! I hope you find a lot of encouragement and information here. This site has helped me through many tough times. SPD is a roller coaster ride.
Thanks Smile it is a ride for sure. At least now I have some kind of idea though. We are still looking possible autism and bi polar on top of it. In just two days I have found many posts that make me say "hey thats my son".