SPD Support Forum

Full Version: help, too many blankets in summer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My son has always loved using as many blankets as he could at night. In the winter I usually do not mind, but every time it gets warm and we try to put up some of his blankets he always freaks out. No matter what we do he cannot sleep without them. He has 5 he uses at all times. The reason I worry is because he is so hot blooded I'm afraid he's going to end up with heat stroke or something. We got a small but powerful fan for him and have it blowing right on him, but even that does not help much as he always ends up sleeping with his pillow over his head. Plus he has to be tucked in tight. Would a weighted blanket help perhaps, or is there anything we could try???
I think a weighted blanket could be just what he needs. Odds are it's not the struggle to keep warm that he uses the blankets but rather the comforting feeling he gets from having the weight on him. I would venture to guess that when/if stuffed animals are around that most of them tent to be piled on rather than around him.
Weighted blankets are awesome. And yes, a weighted blanket would almost certainly be the answer here. He's trying to get extra input by making them tucked in even.