SPD Support Forum

Full Version: needed to know something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright I was recently sent to a neuropsychologist to get checked out for some issues. I have significant staring episodes and keep in mind I have not been diagnosed with SPD. My neurologist has been looking into the possibility of me having some form of epilepsy that causes the cognition centers of my brain to at least partially shutdown. I have had 2 EEG's (1 ambulatory) and they both came up negative. When I space out I tend to do so when i'm stressed out and in relation to certain stimuli like flashing lights. I do know I also happen to ignore physical pain rather well which led me to believe that I could have under responsiveness to tactile sensations. I have been diagnosed with asperger's as well.

My question is this can a neuropsychologist diagnose anyone with SPD at all or is that a diagnosis that only a OT can get? I just learned that the neuropsychologist did not test me for SPD at all so if I have it I will not be getting that diagnosis this Thursday from the neurologist regardless if I happen to have it or not.
Hello, starring episodes could be attention giving out and leaving you exhausted. I had staring episodes as a child where I could not think or feel or move from exhaustion. My attention span gave out and I would not have enough nutrients in my brain to prevent shutdown. Protein powder prevents that in me. Strenghthening my attention span helped as well.Good luck with that.
(05-31-2014, 02:09 PM)Elizabeth Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, starring episodes could be attention giving out and leaving you exhausted. I had staring episodes as a child where I could not think or feel or move from exhaustion. My attention span gave out and I would not have enough nutrients in my brain to prevent shutdown. Protein powder prevents that in me. Strenghthening my attention span helped as well.Good luck with that.

I am in several programs that are helping me with this. it appears that the staring is totally emotionally based but I still do not have a diagnosis. Thank you for replying as you are the first person to reply to any of my threads or posts! Smile