SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Adult with Possible SPD looking for answers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I a an adult with a diagnoses of ADHD: inattentive type, and also Trichtlomania. I have no formal diagnoses of SPD but it was suggested to me to look into it. My question is for adults with SPD.Do any of you have problems being around children or being around houseguests that cause large amounts of new noise, movement, and stimuli? This is starting to become a major problem in my life, and gove me family problems. I find I cannot cope with being around children for any long length of time. There constant noise, and movement, and all the new stuff and messes they bring breaks me down to the point where I become enraged, and must seek out solitude to regroup. My family members are startting tp feel like I hate their children. This is not true. I seriously cannot cope with all the new, and constan t stimuli they break. It's like I'm fine one minute, and about to have a nervous breakdown the next. Dpes anyone with a diagnoses of SPD have experience with this. Does this sound like SPD? I am normally a very quiet, slow moving individual that keps noise and stimuli to a minimum.