SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Teresa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I'm new.
My son was tested for autism 5 years ago when he was 3. Autism was ruled out but he was diagnosed with ODD, SPD and gen anxiety all not otherwise specified. I had never heard of SPD until that time. Therapy commenced immediately as well as research on my part. I went in with him to learn all that I could so I could handle situations at home (SPD was running the house). Along the way his therapist and I recognized that I was struggling with it also. Along the way different family members attend(ed) therapy. One month ago his therapist suggested having my daughter tested due to her behaviors at many therapy sessions. I saw/see it but wasn't sure if it was learned behavior because my son is her main playmate. At this point we need supplemental income and I'm told by professionals that SPD is not considered a disability. I don't even want to go this route but quite overwhelmed and we're getting close to losing our house. I still manage to keep a sense of humor most of the time and we are full of success stories with him! Help? Thanks