SPD Support Forum

Full Version: I am new.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am Elizabeth and I have aspergers and I was diagnosed around 2 years ago. I am 50 years old and I suffer from sensory processing disorder.For years I knew about the sensory processing and I treated it effectively. Now I find out that aging can increase the symptoms of ADD and sensory processing disorder! And even worse the things I did to help the sensory processing are not as effective.So I am back to square one again.Here is the stuff that I did to help some of it before I knew about sensory processing. The first was auditory integration with the tapes EASe. The stimulant adderall helps sensory integration. The chiropractic discipline NOT neurological organization technique is effective but slow.You have to do it for a long time before it is effective. Then I did Dore acheivement center when it was in America still. That was fabulous! Going through the course took me 1 year and 6 months.The trainers said that it would take 2 years! It is a cerebellum stimulation course that is used for dyslexia,add and aspergers. Do not expect it to affect your SID immediately. Zumba can help.I next got Learning breakthough and that is fabulous! Weight on my shoulders or lap calm me and I also can brush the skin. In the shower I can help myself by changing the water to pulses .I also do infinity walk which is walking in the shape of an eight.It can be more effective if I hop on one foot the shape of an eight. I will share with this forum what works for me as I find more effective treatments. A word of warning. Sensory processing can get enormously worse with aging.So if you know anyone who is dealing with it I would like to hear about it. Thanks for listening to me ramble and I hope my information can help people. Wink
I'm guessing you're going through menopause now? Your age fits with the that. SPD tends to get worse with hormonal changes. Frequently this is discussed on here with puberty, but menopause would also hit the same effect, hormones throwing the body haywire, and the sensory system not being able to keep up.
No unfortunately I am in peri-menopause.I have yet to go through menopause. It has been going on for 4 years and the last year has been the worst and I have only missed one period. After that my symptoms intensified.I wonder when it is going to end.At this rate I will be 60 before I get to menopause. In the meantime I have to find a way to cope. I recall puberty was slow as well. Just my luck. I would prefer adolescence it was easier to take.