SPD Support Forum

Full Version: no warning touch is painful
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If Im accepting of a touch I can subside the ache and anxiety better. When someone touches me by surprise it causes pain. The worst is pats on the back. Oh how they kill me.
(05-24-2014, 11:14 PM)Pinch Wrote: [ -> ]If Im accepting of a touch I can subside the ache and anxiety better. When someone touches me by surprise it causes pain. The worst is pats on the back. Oh how they kill me.
Indeed. Especially in an already loud environment like Church on Sunday Morning. When I initiate a hug (it's a hugging church) people think that I'm doing well that day, not understanding that it's better if I initiate rather than be on the receptive end.
I had that problem. It resurfaced recently but now I am on the mend getting back to normal. Developing sensory integration permanently is the answer to pretty much eliminating it.The fact is that I pretty much can tolerate most environments including noisy restaurants.Yes mostly hugs do not bother me. But years ago they were torture. It is funny that I once felt sad about having sensory integration and I could tollerate most environments. Really I did not know how good I had it. Now it is your turn to have it really good. First I attended Dore achievement center in the boston area. Unfortunately if you are American now you are out of luck,because there are no more Dore centers here.It cost my dad 5.000.00.Dore was cerebellum stimulation therapy designed to develope the cerebellum. Do not ask me how the cerebellum developement is good for sensory integration. It just is.It was designed for dyslexia,dyspraxia,ADD and aspergers. It involved doing exercises 2 times a day. Then I discovered from the dore center website Learning Breakthrough. Apparently Winford Dore had studied Learning breakthrough in the creation of the Dore center. But it is a home program that is more intense and you do it twice a day. I do not remember the cost. But I will find out. The third way is free but time intensive. Cerebellum stimulation involves repetitive exercises.The creator of the learning breakthrough had a family who were into sports and reading literature.They lived by a beach. So one summer this kid decided that he did not want to trip over his own legs anymore. He decoded that he would goto the beach and leap on the sand holes all summer. Well at the end of the summer he was not tripping over his feet but when he went to school he did the class iq test and found instead of being the second stupidest now he was near the top of the class. He also had no more reading problems. You may be able to design a free cerebellum training course for yourself. Then you have to do it twice daily. Cerebellum training is why I can be comfortable in a lot of environments. It will not replace your immediate sensory relief like skin brushing or weights on the shoulders.But if you do years of training you will be comfortable in most environments.That is how I did it. I have 4 1/2 years of daily exercises under my belt. I plan on doing it the rest of my life for maintenance. I have not done crossinology. But I do know it is supposely permanent and that it costs 100 per hour for a 12-14 hr treatment of brain rewiring. It is also not covered by insurance. I am going to find a way to do it.