SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Tired, Poor and Trying to Cope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It looks like there are a lot of useful tips on the forum and other places for dealing with SPD but most of them require funds of one form or another.

OT seems to be the most recommended but what do you do when you don't have transportation or the finances to see and OT? I'm in a bit of a depressive funk so if I start to ramble about how terrible my life is, just ignore me. Big Grin

Where I work things are loud all the time. The machines, beeping, customers and general sounds build up to the point where I might appear to have turrets or something. Really I don't but the explosive behavior sometimes helps to relieve some, well only a little, of the stress. Long before the end of the shift I'm exhausted and only want to lay down. Of course I still have the bike ride home with too many hills to climb.

Even on my day off I try to recover, get next to nothing done and prepare to do it all over again for the next week. Even job searching for something that I could handle and would pay more is exhausting. Half the time I don't even know where to start looking or what to look for. I start a search, read the necessary qualifications and get depressed thinking that I'm not even going to be considered. With that thought I move on to the next job listing. By the third or fourth one everything feels hopeless and I want to throw the computer out the window.

Does anyone else go through this or am I truly a hopeless case?
You are not hopeless. Noise cancelling headphones will help you.Try the internet for free auditory integration cds. I think that there are lending libraries for them. Sound sensitivaty is exhausting.