SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Totally Overwhelmed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone

Sorry to maybe start with a confused post but here goes.

Our son is 6 years old, he's got EDS Type 3, also the OT says he's got proprioception issues, they have fitted a saddle seat in school and he also has a pencil grip and we bought him a sloped desk top. Last night I read an article from 'My Broken Fiat' it was explaining all the symptoms of an SPD child which there are so many symptoms similar to our son. Now my question is if a child has been diagnosed with proprioception then has he got a diagnosis of SPD? And in that case shouldn't we have a letter of diagnosis from OT? And what other help is there for him? His a beautiful little boy who just does things a little different to other children and I LOVE his funny little things he does. some aren't so good as if his siblings wind him up a bit he can get very physical and shout which is a worry but I don't know how to deal with that.

I won't go on anymore as it would turn into a mammoth essay, but if anyone would please help me and we could have a chat I would be so grateful. Many thanks Lisa xx