SPD Support Forum

Full Version: New girl...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I'm Charlie, I know a few people here already but I just wanted to introduce myself.

I had my first clue I might have SPD when reading a book on dyspraxia (I had no idea dyspraxia was linked to SPD/falls under the same category) and the writer talked about being 'repulsed' by the feeling of other people's skin and how that was common for dyspraxic people. That was a bit of a wake up call; I showed my mum and pretty much said 'see! I'm NOT crazy!'

I joined here mainly because every time I read these forums, I have another 'wow, that's part of this TOO? I'm NOT just being weird/awkward?' moment. And Sila prodded me into it.

I enjoy drawing (I'm a 'furry' artist), writing, and cooking, heh. Other than that, I'm a pretty bland person Wink

That's it for now, really...if you wanna ask me anything, please do!
*snugs Charlie* Hey, naw, you're not crazy or weird. (well maybe a lil. X3) We both have a lot of the same things in common hun, I've definitely got a lot of signs of dyspraxia but that's just one of several things that I'm going to get help for. <3 This place, although small, is really nice and helpful. :3 I'm glad you joined us. <3
Hi, Charlie. Smile I'm glad you found us! I know that feeling of recognition; I only recently found out that I have SPD, as well. I still have the "oh, yeah, me too!" feeling quite a bit. It sounds like you're making a good beginning. And hey, I happen to think weird is just another word for cool. Tongue Maybe because most of my favorite people usually end up self-identifying that way... Anyway, great to meet you! Smile
I used to ask people in college if they were weird. If they answered "Yes" I would befriend them. I don't want to bother with "Normal" people.
OK. You'll need to explain to the Australian person: what's a furry artist?

Anyone who is creative (writing and cooking) is NOT bland BTW!

:-) BusyMum
"furry" artists generally draw anthropomorphic characters, like a dog who stands on two feet and talks, etc. :3
Hello and welcome:

I am also very new to these forums. My daughter and I are working through our SPD together, though she is still pretty little.

I am not quite awake this morning, but I wanted to say Hello.

(10-24-2010, 02:46 AM)beck7422 Wrote: [ -> ]I used to ask people in college if they were weird. If they answered "Yes" I would befriend them. I don't want to bother with "Normal" people.

LoL... you too... Smile Must be an engineer thing Smile
Thankfully, very few people were willing to label themselves "Normal" in college.
(10-27-2010, 02:01 PM)beck7422 Wrote: [ -> ]Thankfully, very few people were willing to label themselves "Normal" in college.

Big Grin