SPD Support Forum

Full Version: dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a poem that I thought made perfect sense for a light sensitive when I went back and looked at it. Thought I'd share.

dreams

Come out of the woods together,
the home that I love in my heart...
all you fearful, tender dreams,
come out of the tangled roots, the
dark spaces that hide under the rotted leaves,
come out and peek around the fern and ivy
spattered with the gold paint of light and laughter
Step on tiny foot 'round the corner,
around the bark-encrusted doorway,
pass the gateway from comfortable oblivion
to dazzling, crippling day
Let the light enfold you, let the
casually cruel searchlight of the sun
freeze your chittering, frantic cries
in the bombastic, self-indulgent refulgent happiness
that pins you to the corkboard, like
a hidden moth caught in a flashlight.
Mawkinberd, thanks for posting this. This is a great little bit of poetry here. I appreciated reading it Smile. Have you had any of your poetry published yet?

Thanks again.
Oh, gosh, you flatterer. Tongue No, I've not been published, unless you count school collections. Smile I'll have to post something a little happier next time, though. Don't want you to think I'm all gloom and doom. Tongue
(10-27-2010, 08:49 PM)mawkinberd Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, gosh, you flatterer. Tongue No, I've not been published, unless you count school collections. Smile I'll have to post something a little happier next time, though. Don't want you to think I'm all gloom and doom. Tongue

Hey, a little secret of the internet here for you. If it's on the internet, it's published! You are now published on this site's list of poetry! Exciting, isn't it? Big Grin

Oh, and don't worry about that 'gloom and doom' rule too much, lol. Venting is always allowed and appreciated, as is creativity Smile. Thanks again for contributing.