SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. What brings you here?
My daughter (4 ys) has been having some concerning sensory issues--mostly touch--for about 6 months now. We went to an OT for a couple of months, seemed to improve/get resources to help her and now her issues have become more severe. My husband and I, and most likely my daughter are completely worn out. I've spent the last 2 hours emailing and searching for any support advice to help us. We could really use some good contacts. We live near Youngstown Ohio and I could use a parent support group, good OT, and possibly a mental health professional. I am a couple of months away from being a licensed therapist myself and I'll tell you I'm out of energy. If someone is willing to talk with me one on one I would truly appreciate that, or any connections/resources. My daughter is very smart, loves all art projects, and she is very funny. She loves to read and make friends. Currently I am finishing my MA program and stay at home with my daughter. I like to cook and bake and when I'm not reading a textbook I like to leisure read.

I am so ready for some support!
Jackie