SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Grandmother not sure about all this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My 10 yr old granddaughter has SPD. I'm having a hard time believing that my daughter (her mother) isn't just letting my granddaughter be in control of everything. My granddaughter hasn't brushed her long hair in a month, it has knots that will have to be cut out, only my gd won't "let" anyone touch her hair. When my gd is with me, she use to let me brush her hair, but now she's in control. Is it really because of the SPD or is it a control issue? My daughter has had NO structure in my gd life. Has NEVER had a certain bedtime, time to get up, brushing teeth, etc. Sometimes I think if my daughter would have put as much effort into structure as she has with this SPD, things would be different. I can see my gd growing into a person who doesn't have any self control, not being able to function in this world. My daughter took my gd out of school to homeschool her, of course that didn't last, because my daughter has no structure. How do I know?