SPD Support Forum

Full Version: SPD and Inappropriate Touching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After much research, we believe that our daughter may have SPD or ADHD or some combination. I'm guessing she is sensory seeking and possibly tactile seeking among others. We are currently on the waiting list for both a pediatric behavior counselor and an occupational therapist that specializes in SPD. However, since the waiting list is incredibly long, I was hoping to get help with one specific behavioral issue that my husband and I are really struggling with. My 5 year old daughter constantly feels the need to touch my breast and my husbands chest. This has been going on for a few years now, but only recently has it really started to bother me. And I truly don't believe it's related to any kind of sexual abuse. I've discussed with her many times the concept of personal space and appropriate touching. I've yelled, gotten upset, tried to find other creative solutions, but nothing is working. She touches my breasts constantly, to the point where I can't be physically close without it happening and I've become extremely sensitive. It's not something I can ignore. She says "it just that they are so soft". The behavior is worse when she's tired or needing attention or stressed. She doesn't show other OCD behaviors and so I'm wondering if it's related to SPD. Any help? I'm on the edge of losing it and could really use some feedback as to whether other Moms have had this problem and if it could be SPF related. Thank you