SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hi, I Need Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have had sensory differences all my life. And flourescent lights, flashing lights, etc. could always hurt. I have had worse chronic illness for the past few years, and much more sensitive hearing and sight. I have had worse sensory bombardment, too, with loud backup beepers just outside my apartment several times each week.

I have a diagnosis for hyperacusis, but not for the rest.

I am unable to use phones or touch devices. I am unable to bicycle or take the bus. I have a hard time walking across the street, because of the sensory bombardment. I wear sunglasses, ear protectors, and ear plugs whenever I have to run errands, but they don't provide enough protection. I sometimes get hit by sirens, backup beepers, flashing lights, etc. partway across, and have to curl up and scream until they go away. I tried shielding one closet with special foam, and I go there when there's too uch construction noise, but I can't always get there fast enough with sudden noise.

I am currently living with my brother.

I enjoy tabletop gaming, especially roleplaying and historical gaming. I read a lot of speculative fiction.