SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Protection from Strobe Lights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a lot of sensory sensitivities that make it hard, sometimes dangerous, and sometimes impossible to run errands.

Among these, I am sensitive to flashing and strobing lights, such as turn signals, many safety signals, some holiday lighting, and the flashing dazzling disorienting blinding pain-devices on school buses, ambulances, police cars, etc.

I do have tinted sunglasses which fit over my regular glasses. I wear these, as well as my ear protection, whenever I try to run errands. I still have to shield my eyes to cross the street.

If I get hit by one set of flashing lights, it hurts. If I get hit by two or more sets, it hurts, and it's disorienting, and can cause me to wander into the street, and could get me killed.

Does anyone know if there's any better protection against all these flashing lights?
Someone suggested that an eye patch could reduce the risks for someone with photosensitive epilepsy. Maybe it would also reduce the risks for me.

How can some people see flashing lights, and not see pain?

How can some people see the strobe lights on top of the newer schoolbuses, and not be blinded by incapacitating pain?