SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hi!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am here seeking information for my 3 year old. He has been attending a children's therapy clinic for about 2 years now for both speech and occupational therapy. His speech is delayed (only has a handful of words and signs) and he is incredibly sensory seeking. He loves to run and climb Everything, he really enjoys deep pressure like squeezy hugs and his weighted blanket.

In the past couple of months his OT has started doing therapeutic listening with him which he loves! His focus is amazing when he's using it. However since he's started he's begun covering his ears and applying pressure to get that sensation all the time all day long. He'll also place daddy and my hands over his ears and keep putting them back for as long as he needs. Tonight he put my hand over his ear while the other was pressed against the bed when I put him to sleep. He passed out that way in a couple minutes. We have been talking about either renting or purchasing a therapeutic listening set up for at home (my mom teaches medically fragile students in elementary school and is taking a course on it this next month at my recommendation for my son and her students). He also recently got over his first ear infection and has been cleared by his pediatrician so I'm 97% certain the ear covering isn't infection related. His therapists didn't seem too surprised when I brought it up, but with the frequency I am starting to get concerned. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this? I intend to speak to his therapists on Friday but thought I'd check here first.