SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Intro - here because of my teen with SPD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, my son was diagnosed at a young age with SPD (around 2 yrs old). We have come a long way since then, or so I thought until about the past year or so. He is now almost 16 years old and it seems like the SPD has become severe. A little over a year ago he was also diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroid autoimmune disorder, so I don't know if that has contributed to this as well or not. His levels are now good, so? Two of my kids have Hashimoto's, the other is 19 and she does not have nor has ever had SPD. I don't really know where to turn for help, but I feel like our lives are spinning out of control with his odd sleep patterns, eating habits, and especially addictions to things like video games, movies, etc. He also seems to be withdrawing socially, doesn't want to spend time with his friends like he used to, etc. Everytime he gets addicted to something that is not healthy because of the time he wants to spend on it (video games, etc.) he finds something else to be addicted to. He hasn't had OT since the age of 6. He is a sweet boy with a kind heart, very smart and very athletic (he's a baseball player) but also gets very agitated if everything isn't "his way". I was hoping this forum could help, I feel so lost and heartbroken, not sure what to do anymore as I thought he had outgrown much of this, but it feels like it's peaking, and more severe now than when he was little. Thanks in advance.