SPD Support Forum

Full Version: New here. NEVER KNDW WHAT WAS WRONG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. I am very grateful I continued to search out answers about my hyper noise sensitivity. My entire life has been effected. Probably effected both my marriages. Though both long I always was terribly stressed by sounds. To the point of physically sick. I developed Crohn's disease at a young age. I could not concentrate in school. I could not stand dogs breathing sounds. People chewing sounds. Traffic. Just anything. And I could not filter them so if too much sensory noise it made me feel violent. Still does. Through the years I've learned to carry earplugs. I keep box fans in my rooms. And at times I have to just remove myself from the noise. I've been called neurotic. Crazy. Super sensitive. Controlling. But now I see it is a actually a medical illness. I have used alcohol. Food drugs isolation. Anger rage to cope. I still have this. It seems to have gotten worse over time. Especially when stressed. I sure wish I could meet local people near SARASOTA to hang out with. This sensory thing runs my life. Movies are an issue. So are theaters. People can't eat near me or I move. And loudness cause me to feel rage full. I just feel so hopeless unless I could live in a nice quiet tropical island. I keep on working with it. But it is emotionally draining and painful