SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Too Loud, Can't Sleep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What to do?

My air filter has started making a squealing/whistling sound and a rhythmic sound. I can't sleep with that. Turning it off means hearing all the traffic noise. I can't sleep with that either. I'm thinking of replacing it and/or getting a pink noise machine. Any suggestions?
Also, my tinnitus in my left ear has been really loud, and seems even louder with ear protectors on. I think I've been blaming other noises for my tinnitus, too.
A couple weeks ago I fund myself in a strange environment for a couple nights and had a similar struggle. I usually use a fan for white noise, and in a fit of inspiration I checked out the Playstore on my phone for white noise apps. I tried two I hated (who wants to hear a waterfall while sleeping?! Wouldn't you wet the bed?!) before I found one that was just a fan noise. Bingo! Not a long-term solution, but maybe you could find something that works for you in an app until you find a new machine you like?
Wouldn't I need a new machine to run such an app? I got another machine to make pink noise, it does help.