SPD Support Forum

Full Version: How to Get Emergency Help???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been going back-and-forth with various doctors. The general practitioner wants me to see an audiologist, the audiologist wants me to see a neurologist, the neurologist wants me to see a psychiatrist, and the psychiatrist triggers my ptsd.

New construction will start nearby, possibly as early as the 19th.

I'm running out of time. I'm not sure how I'll be able to survive the sensory bombardment. I already have to wear ear protectors and ear plugs to step outside, and they aren't enough protection against backup painhammers, as well as sunglasses, and they aren't enough protection against flashing lights.

I'm unable to use phones. I'm unable to register for relay services, because unable to use phones. Here in the states, there's a complex registration system so people who can use phones don't use the relay services, with the effect that those of us who can't use phones can't use the relay services.

Help, plz?
Oh my gosh I so relate to you. I only know what I have to do to get relief. I have the noisiest box fan I could find. I also find one of the best things is a Sony headphone that works with my tv. I bought it at Best Buy. But I can put tv on with music and when I turn up the volume I cannot hear any outside noises. If you are interested I'll give you the model number to order. It was $129. And worth it. It's just on really bad days I have to wear them all day long. But it calms me
Thanks. Which headphones were they, and are they noise-cancelling? I know a lot of Bose headphones are supposed to be good at noise cancelling.

P.S. The construction project still hasn't started, and isn't likely to start with winder coming.

I've been using Radians custom-moldable ear plugs (26 nrr) and 3m Peltor ear protectors (34 nrr), and getting 1/4 or 1/3 of the rated protection. Maybe due to my ear canals. I'm not sure whether active noise cancellation would work better than passive, but my ldl is less than 60 decibels, and with migraines much less, and I'll need about 40 decibels'-worth of protection.