SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Greetings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, all. My name is ArcticRaven, and I'm 18 years old, non-binary in terms of gender, and lastly I'm from Alaska!

I'm new here and though I'm usually one to stay in the shadows from being shy, I thought I should introduce myself if I want to get any help or friendly common ground.

1. What brings you here?
I was looking at service dogs for SPD through Google and stumbled upon this site!

2. What is your relations to someone with SPD? Do you have it? a child of yours? Do you treat SPD kids as a professional?
I myself have SPD. My little sister is in the process of a diagnosis.

3. Share a little of your journey if you'd like.
It's been crazy stuff. My journey started in about 2011, in eighth grade, when I started having non-epileptic seizures. It wasn't until the beginning of 2015 that I was diagnosed with SPD and it was found to be causing some of my seizures. All the craziness has caused me to take longer than usual to finish school and graduate. I've also been dealing with PTSD, anxiety, and depression.

Everything is a battle sometimes, and 90% of the time I'm stuck in my house because it is so overwhelming. This is the reason why I'm currently on an intense journey toward getting a service dog; so I don't have to be babysat (for lack of a better term); so I can get a job; so I can live life out on my own.

4. Is there any immediate help you need?
Not at this moment, except maybe resources for service dog organizations that are either nonprofit, or resources for people or organizations that can help me raise the money for a organization I'm currently focused on.

5. SPD doesn't run your life! What are you or your child's gifts? Interests?
I love writing, and I've been told I'm very good at it. I write poetry, stories, and I've written a few songs. I'm interested in dogs. I'm also an avid reader. And I'm good at helping people.

6. What do you like to do in your spare time? Any hobbies or interests?
I love to play video games, hang out with my girlfriend and best friends, watch TV and movies, and blog.

Thanks for taking the time to read! I hope this place provides me with a little respite from sticking out so often where I am.