SPD Support Forum

Full Version: hello from a newbie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I’m in my fifth decade and have SPD. A therapist helped me immensely about ten years ago. Considering all of my quirks, I am amazed that SPD folks make it through--holding down jobs, etc. What I am really saying: I am amazed I have made it this far. Reading around, I think it may be most accurate to say I am SPD and a HSP. One of my life-long challenges has been with sleep. A weight blanket has helped, at times. Brushing has helped (and sometimes not helped). I am looking forward to exploring the forum since my question about sleep may already be addressed. Mostly, I am happy to find some community and look forward to getting to know you. My jobs have included: elementary school teacher (became overwhelming); academic librarian; part-time college instructor. I love reading, the sun, and am rather obsessed with the enneagram. I am a 5, self-preservation. I need people, but can only handle (well) in small doses.
P.