SPD Support Forum

Full Version: about 4 weeks into DX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my daughter is 4.5 adopted and DX with SPD, dyspraxia, hypotonia, and visual spacial delays and visual motor delays. our school district has said the SPD and the others do not qualify a child for services, even though they impact her and other students at her preschool. just wanted to say hello... I'm still trying to wrap my head around understanding the details of her dx. The more I read the more I think I had many of these issues as a child too... but maybe I'm just over thinking things. TJ
about 4 weeks after DX for my 4.5 y/o DD.
SPD w/ hypotonia dyspraxia visual spacial & motor delays
just saying hi
I think I may have some SPD too, but DD was adopted
still trying to completey understand DX for my DD and how best to help her
Thanks, TJ
/* Similar threads merged to keep the intro all in one place Smile

Hello there, and welcome to SPD International Smile. I'm glad to see you've found your way over from AllAboutKids there TJ!

Thanks for joining, posting, and sharing a little bit about yourself. I hope you are able to get all the help and support you need here. Your username has 'hockey' in it. As and avid fan, I am intrigued, lol. Big Grin
Anyhow, welcome again.
Dyspraxia, at the least, should be qualified for some sort of aid, seeing as how it's been recognized in the DSM for a little while. I'm not familiar with the others (besides SPD), but surely you can find something? I'm sure it's confusing though *hug* Hopefully you can work something out, and hey, we're here for support Big Grin

Lookin forward to seeing you around x3
I play ice hockey, played in college, thus the name.
hypotonia is just low muscle tone
visual spacial delays are simular to moving your body in space and coordination delays...

anyhooo, we hired a lawyer today, who lives next door to the head of special education in our county he was pretty confident that he could make our problem go away over dinner one night. but we shall see, alternative next step is due process.

many of our issues that I had no idea were SPD related seem to be quite common and frequently brought up or talked about on the yahoo group. its been very eye opening to me to see how this DX explains so much of what we've been going through.

its late I'm heading to bed... tomorrow is a tour at the fire dept... and I'm expecting at least two meltdowns while we are there. need my refueling... night night

(11-05-2010, 11:30 PM)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]/* Similar threads merged to keep the intro all in one place Smile

Hello there, and welcome to SPD International Smile. I'm glad to see you've found your way over from AllAboutKids there TJ!

Thanks for joining, posting, and sharing a little bit about yourself. I hope you are able to get all the help and support you need here. Your username has 'hockey' in it. As and avid fan, I am intrigued, lol. Big Grin
Anyhow, welcome again.