SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hello to all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My name is Lea and I'm out searching the web for ideas on how to deal with being genuinely too sensitive to sounds, perfumes, air fresheners, foods, being touched, and the list goes on.

Last summer, I had what my son calls a nervous break down, after my supervisor started yelling at me, and gossiping, encouraging others to be ugly to me as discipline for the things she made up about me.

It's hard to go to work at all now. The supervisor retired. I have a bubbly lovely workmate who believes I spend my days complaining about her, which makes it hard on me whenever I really am having a problem. So when some thoughtful person fills the room with air freshener, I just start crying and run out of the room to keep from vomiting from the smell, and embarrassing myself by "complaining again".

I work where disabled people are encouraged to apply, but nobody really wants to know that they've triggered your symptoms. You are encouraged to be out of sight and out of mind.

So here I am at home, playing the same computer game for several hours, and looking for ideas to get me through work until September or after, when I might be able to retire.

Thank you all for reading this far.

Lea