SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Had SPD My Whole Life
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone.

I hope you're all doing really well!

My name is Chris, and I've had SPD my whole life. I was born three months premature, and had various sensory issues (moreso in the 'hypersensitive' category) -- some flavors and smells did (and still do) make me cough and gag; instead of laughing when my dad tickled me, I used to scream; I can't stand the thought/idea of roller coasters or anything similar; and I hated loud or intense noises like fireworks or even toilets flushing.

A lot of this has gotten better over the years, although it's still not perfect. One of the things that I also remember from my childhood is that I didn't socialize all that much with my peers. I found myself much more comfortable with adults for some reason. This is particularly making things difficult right now as I try to build up my social network and have a fulfilling time during my undergrad years. I suppose perhaps this is not the best place to ask for advice on that, so I'll make another thread later?

Anyway, I'm working on my BA in Psychology and plan to go to graduate school for my MA in Counseling (or something similar, depending on the school). I also have interests in music, trains and model railroading, the radio industry, and technology (and more specifically, computer programming).