SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hi - Adult with SPD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all Smile

I'm Jazzlynn, 21 years old.
I have struggled for years trying to figure out what is wrong with me, I've pretty much know something was wrong with me since I was much younger. I've researched other things, depression, learning disorders...etc, over the years none jusy seemed to fit everything I have. One day recently I was just having a bad day, that night I was trying to understand why I couldn't connect with people and just started listing all the reasons/all the things I've been told or felt like was wrong with me. The next day on Facebook I saw a conversation of two ladies I know talking about their kids with SPD and living with it. I noticed that sounded a lot like me when I was younger and somewhat the same today. I've been thinking about it the past few days and finally had the time to sit down and look into today.
I truly believe I have and have struggled with it since I was very young.

I feel like a burden has been lifted off me but now I want to know what I can do to help myself.
The only problem is 98% of things I find are about or for kids. Anyone have any tips, ideas or just guidance?
Hey there, Jazzlynn.

I'm Chris, and I'm 20. Nice to meet you!

Do you have the money/resources (through insurance or otherwise) to afford occupational therapy? It's really helpful for a lot of people with SPD. Of course, the specific things you can do to help yourself through things depends on the exact symptoms you have. Can you tell us more?