SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Finally an answer maybe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm 40 years old and today found out I have SPD after attending a course aimed at my wife and i helping and understanding our 4 1/2 yr old son who was diagnosed with SPD at the beginning of the year. Every time we heard and read more info/symptoms my wife would look at me and say that's you and frazer (our son). Need to read more about SPD but maybe this is an answer to years of Confusion.
It very well could be, and I'm so happy for you that you might finally have found and answer. SPD appears to be genetic so it would make sense that you could have it since your son does. A lot of parents of children with conditions like SPD and autism realize that they themselves also have the condition when their child is diagnosed.
I feel the same way! I've always wondered why I experienced certain things that no one else seemed to experience and had all these difficulties, and that it was different causes or all in my head (as some people liked to tell me it was). I am so relieved to find the answer- I just found out a couple of weeks ago- and now can't wait to find out more and how to overcome daily struggles. I'm also happy that my close family and friends that I've discussed this with agree that SPD does describe me and are more understanding now.