SPD Support Forum

Full Version: New here! Is SPD my answer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all!

You can call me Andrea and/or Andy, whichever or both is fine with me!

I stumbled upon SPD after an ER visit for an anxiety attack resulted in the doctor who saw me to suggest looking into sensory processing issues. I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and so far, it seems to be that some of my GAD seems to intertwine with possible SPD. Once I read up on it, I couldn't stop reading; the fact it answered so many of the things that have bothered me all my life almost made me cry.

My fiancé was ecstatic to see something that could help me, and after a little bit of digging, I looked into the Star institute based in Colorado, with which I have a 30-minute consultation with tomorrow! Why not, ya know? :D

My younger cousin has pretty severe Central Auditory Processing Disorder, and my older brother has a more milder form. If the diagnoses were available back then, my mom said my great grandma would have likely been diagnosed as well. Processing issues seem to run in the family!

Anyway! I'm excited! I've felt a huge sense of relief knowing there's a possible answer to this!! See you guys around!
Hello cassiopeia!

Welcome to SPD Support. I'm really glad to see you found us and are potentially figuring out something that could be really significant for you. Sounds like you had a consultation planned for the STAR Center? That's awesome! I've never been there, but I know they're amazing. How did things go?

I'm sure you'll find you have a lot in common with plenty of people here. As someone who's recently come out as gender non-binary/variant, I can even relate to the she/they, or in my case he/she/they, thing, hehe.
Thanks for joining. Hope to see you around. Smile