SPD Support Forum

Full Version: New and saying "hi"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a single mom with an autistic son, age 6. He does not have a "formal" SPD diagnosis as he's no longer receiving OT/PT services at home, but he definitely fits all the diagnostic checklists. I'm happy to see this new site and will be checking posts and adding comments.
Tracey (mom to Zach) Farmingdale, NY
Hi Tracy! Glad you came to join us. Smile Sounds like you're working hard to get your son some good help. From what I've seen, it seems like many autistic children deal with sensory issues, and helping them with those is helpful to them. I hope you find some good info here. If you want to post about specific questions or concerns, I know someone here would be glad to give you some feedback. We've people with all kinds of sensitivities here, so I'm sure someone will have some advice.

I'd love to hear more about you and your son, your interests, activities, stuff like that. Smile Sometimes, some things that Zach really likes could be helpful in introducing new ways of helping him, and if you share those interests, so much the better. Or if not, we'll just get to know you a little better. Smile

hug Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Welcome to SPD International Tracey/Rainmom2004.

It was nice chatting with you, if only briefly, in the chat room the other night. Feel free to stop by any time, that door is always open. I hope this site becomes a beacon of light for you on your journey, and that you are able to make some great friends here. Feel free to hop in at any time. Welcome to the site. Big Grin