SPD Support Forum

Full Version: New to thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Could use someone to talk to. Son with severe sensory. No public school, no kids, no crowds, no people talking more than one at a time. This is a GREAT improvement from a couple years ago when we could not have lights on, or ANY noises whatsoever.

His sensory improved GREATLY when we moved out to extreme rural. (Thats how we made the progress we did). But recently had to come back into the city for medical care (Ronald McDonald house, now lengthy stay in city-4 months now, with no end in sight). Were being pushed to "fix" his sensory, have him tolerate "attacks" on his senses until they no longer bother him. That's insane to me.

Does anyone have a child who cannot handle crowds, kids, and noise ? Would love a find a friend for my son (and me) to talk to.

Could use a conversation with someone who is also raising a child with severe sensory. Maybe they've got some tools, techniques, ...