SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I'm new here, looking for support/suggestions/conversation. I've struggled with SPD my whole life, was partially assessed almost two years ago(it was actually an assessment for autism) and given an order for occupational therapy. Unfortunately, I was unable to find anyone that worked with adults. After a lot of work, seeing a speech therapist (although I knew that wasn't the issue), asking for and investigating referrals that never worked out, I kind of gave up and tried to do the best I could on my own.

This past summer, I was officially assessed by an occupational therapist and their report and subsequent meeting with me made me feel like my entire life finally made sense! I was excited to have new ideas as I struggle with a variety of issues. I'm still currently waiting to find an OT that works with adults, but I have slightly more hope than before.

I also work full time in a profession that includes working with others with SPD and other issues. I'm trying to work sensory breaks into all of our days.

I've been getting a bit discouraged lately, so I decided to look for some support!
Hi Cherry! Welcome!