SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hello
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, my name is Diana, I am suspecting that I may have SPD. I am just beginning my journey because I am now suspecting that SPD is something that is real and that it is most likely that this diagnosis fits me. I have had touch sensitivity ever since I was a young kid. I have touch sensitivity to where if someone places there had on my back or over my shoulder, I would cringe, my back is the most sensitive area. I also cant stand the toothbrush on my teeth. I have been researching SPD and it seems to fit me. I have read that SPD can sometimes go along with autism/Asperger's. Years ago when I was 15, I was tested for a learning disability and all and the professionals found nothing. I still suspect today that I have some kind of undiagnosed learning issue or may have an undiagnosed developmental issue growing up. I love playing softball, I love taking pictures, I love parrots and other birds in general. I got my B.S. in psychology almost a year ago. It was a big accomplishment in which I am very proud of.
I'd like to know if adults with SPD can be treated with occupational therapy? or is that mostly for children? If adults can be treated, what treatments are there? Do I need a referral to see an OT?