SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Strobe sensitivity. What can I do? Where can I get help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am struggling with a worsening strobe sensitivity.

I have terrible migraines together with the sensory sensitivities.

I have already seen a neurologist, who was perplexed, and had an eeg, which ruled out classic photosensitive epilepsy.

Low-frequency strobes, such as turn signals and other safety-weapons, hurt me, screw up my eyesight, screw up my balance, screw up my sense of direction, sometimes cause me to stumble into the street, and sometimes trigger my migraines. I was hit by a car last June, while crossing the street at one of the more accessible crosswalks.

I have sunglasses to wear when going outside. I avoid busy intersections, and cross the street elsewhere.

I also have hyperacusis and have ear plugs and ear protectors to wear when going outside or when being hit.

I strongly suspect a salicylate sensitivity, and cutting back, switching meds, etc. may be helping with the hyperacusis. or maybe not.
I got badly strobed thursday morning, before dawn. I was in agony all thursday. I am still in pain today, with vomiting. Does anyone know of any resources on multi-day effects of strobe lights?
I got briefly but intensely strobed tonight, triggering another severe migraine. strobes are violence.