SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Out of hand...Please advise?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys...I'm new here and I don't really write on forums but I'm at a dead end right now. I got diagnosed with sensory sensitivity (i know it's not SPD as such but there is no forums on this)
Yesterday I had a meltdown (I'm 16 and I felt like a baby) A small plastic bowl dropped and I threw it, so I was hysterically crying on the floor with my hands on my ears. I can't cope with any noises at the minute; cars/helicopters/talking and even breathing (the small things) I mean I can't handle anything loud like hoovers anyway but small things like breathing/nail clicking makes me so upset I instantly leave the room and hide away for hours. When I'm out in public it's literally like a sensation of emptiness in the way all the noises/sounds/smells/feelings are heightened and it's so difficult to leave the house now..

obviously i came to the right place for this - so if anyone has anything that has helped them that would be great.. I was referred to occupational therapy but was turned down so yay!

thank you
I think these might help when you can't avoid loud places and/or loud noise bombardment:

* moldable ear plugs, for when you can't avoid loud places,

* and ear protectors, like construction crews use, also for when you can't avoid loud places.

* but try not to use these all the time.

I am not a doctor but I think these can cause similar symptoms:

* Lyme disease, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia.

* Allergies.

* Nutritional issues. I have fructose malabsorption, which tends to cause low tryptophan and serotonin levels. I think there can also be issues with low magnesium levels.

* Salicylate exposure, especially aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.