SPD Support Forum

Full Version: New here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a four year old son that has been diagnosed with SPD. He has a lot of trouble with eating anything new and hasn't eaten meat in over two years. He is currently going through OT and we've seen some improvement but even the foods he is becoming desensitized to he still won't "eat" at home - or swallow at therapy. We believe SPD is affecting his behavior and ability to focus at school and home as well. Believe he has proprioceptive and vestibular problems.
Hi! Smile I'm glad that you've been able to get a diagnosis. That will help you get some better direction for helping him. But even so, getting those changes in his body will take a while. Even with help, I still have trouble eating meat. Part of it is texture, part of it is how, after you chew it for a while, it feels dry. The proprioceptive and vestibular problems will definitely make a big difference. When he starts feeling more "organized," he will have less trouble sitting still, focusing, etc, because these issues are major distractions that he can't ignore. But you're definitely making the right steps to helping him.

We'd love to hear more about you and your son. Does your son have some special interests or talents? How do you like to spend your time? Or do you have any specific questions or challenges that we might be able to help with?

Very nice to meet you! hug