SPD Support Forum

Full Version: sore/restless legs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone ever get sore/restless legs out of the blue for no particuallar reason, the pains arent really like a trobbing pain more like groeing pains if anyone ever go them when they younger. for me it starts in my toes the slowly builds up till its all in one leg and then the other leg. It generally happens in the evening or just before i go to sleep. When i get it i cant sleep, i'm usuaslly in tears with the pain and nothing really helps, sometimes taking a bath but once i get out of the bath there back and cutting my toe nails also helps sometimes but thats really painful to do. and i get it so often sometimes i dont have enough toenails to cut and i dont like cutting them too short cause that gives me a horrible feeling. i generally just get badages or laces and tie my legs up really tight (everyone thinks im mad then) but still this doesnt fix them. only helps a bit and then eventually when i do fall asleep there always gone in the morning!
does anyone else have this problem?
I get restless legs often, what I've found works for me is making sure I give them enough 'attention' before I lay down for the night. What that means for me is doing some jumping, pushing up against things, making sure that i get a lot of muscle input specifically around the legs. I think once I learn the brushing protocol, that'll help too, but for now these combined work for me. If I do'nt do that, I end up crashing my ankles together painfully as I'm laying on my stomach doing stuff on the computer.

For the actual leg pain, which I get too, I try to massage them and sometimes forcefully flex them, if that doesnt work then I take some pain killers :p