SPD Support Forum

Full Version: I'm new
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi my name is Amanda I'm 25 years old I have sensory processing disorder i was dignosed about age 14 teen by a physogiatist at Cardinal Gleenon hospital
I hate semi truks and hand blow dryes and hate automaci flushing toielts i hate smell of pine sole i hate cooking smells
don;t like being touched don';t like crowds [/size][/font]
Hi Amanda! So glad you found us here! I have two boys with SPD, and probably have it myself to some extent. My younger son is much the same with hand dryers and automatic flushing toilets. I've learned to cover the sensor for him while he is using the toilet, then to quickly cover his ears once it flushes and to wash and get out of the bathroom as quickly as possible. I know that if there are no paper towels just the blow dryers in the bathroom, then I don't make him use the dryer. I tell him it's okay to just shake his hands dry.

I hope you'll join in the discussions! It'll be nice to have a perspective from a teen-turned-adult. I often wonder how my sons will be able to handle growing up and becoming an adult.

Welcome!!