SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Oprah's misleading SPD plug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm assuming everyone heard about this gem, but just in case I'm wrong, here it is:

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Children-...ent-Rage/1

Yeah, glad to know I get uncontrollable rages now, too. (snort)
I TiVo Oprah and just watched the show yesterday after I heard about the misinformation. I wanted to go into a rage after hearing the implications that the boy Zach's behavior was because of SPD!

I was so upset about it that I actually signed up for her website so that I could post my disappointment (to put it mildly) over their treatment of the subject. I really hope Oprah's producers will bring it to her attention that she implied that kids/people with SPD are prone to violent rages and want to kill their parents! I joined the Facebook page to get Oprah to have a show about SPD. As I posted, Oprah has a great power to educate people, but she also has the power to spread misinformation. So many people don't know about SPD and I worry that they'll now associate Zach's behavior with SPD--just because they saw it on Oprah!