SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My name is Olivia, I'm 28. I've not had a medical diagnosis, but I've had issues with sensory input for as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed with ADD around 7th grade, bi-polar was thrown around some in early adulthood, but it never really fit the symptoms and the meds were a disaster. I have increasing trouble with anxiety and have boughts of mild to moderate depression.

On the up side, I am married and we have 3 very bright kids between us. They are the light of my life, but also my biggest auditory trigger :'( I've finally decided to search out a group to hopefully shed some light on how to cope with overload and proactive ways to prevent getting to that point. Also, two of our kids (the two that are mine biologically, surprise, surprise) are showing some signs that make me worry that they may be having some trouble processing sensory information as well.

Details to come, I'm sure, in other posts when I have more than a brief hiding-out-in-the-bathroom window to type haha.