SPD Support Forum

Full Version: One eats with his fingers / Other changes his mind all the time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well... Iz is reading multi-paragraph pages and does fairy well. He had a Leap Frog Tag Reader that he LOVES. He would do great just reading the words and could do it just fine, its just that he hasn't put two and two together that he can read stuff other than what is in his reader. He just memorizes the books instead. The kid has an incredible memory and can memorize his verses within 10 minutes and I'm not talking abbreviated either. Boggles my mind. Iz tends to be a whole word reader too and sounds out the individual letters, but it doesn't click what the word is 'going to be' until he comprehends at the end of it. Does that make sense?
I'm SOOO excited that he helped make his own breakfast this morning! Its a start for sure. I'm sure the more he sees he can do the more he will want to do. Might take time, but he is at least showing some initiative eh? Hang in there with your eldest. There is still hope and A LOT of it. Smile

Blessings
Pages: 1 2