SPD Support Forum

Full Version: hi there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi, my name is isaac and im a 17 year old trans man with - you guessed it - SPD. i was recently diagnosed and everything about my life has suddenly made so much sense. my parents arent very supportive, but they arent very supportive with much of anything in my life. i have really bad sensativity to light, loud noises, and ive been an extremely picky eater (to the point where some foods make me gag) my entire life. im hoping to talk to more people who struggle with the same thing i do, and learn more ways to cope and understand my illness. i also want to share my experiences to help others feel less alone. im looking forward to meeting others that struggle with the same things i do.

isaac
Hi, I am Steve, recently diagnosed with SPD. Like you, much of my life now suddenly makes more sense. I constantly wear sunglasses and have bought a pair of noise cancelling headphones. These allow me to leave the house and to enjoy life. I have found that it is very difficult to explain SPD and therefore my parents did not really understand it. I have also found that a weighted blanket makes me feel more, well . . grounded!

Steve