SPD Support Forum

Full Version: Hi, I'm Lane with a question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm Lane.
I am adult with sensory processing disorder. I learned about this from reading Too Loud, Too Bright, Too Fast, Too Tight by Sharon Heller. It was quite a breakthrough for me. I had been wondering what was wrong with me for an awfully long time.
I have a question. Does anyone know of an OC that treats adults in Houston, TX?
Thanks!
Lane
Your best bet is to call ALL the Occupational Therapists in Houston, TX and find out if they treat Sensory Processing Disorder. If they say "yes", ask if they treat adults with it. Chances are that only one place in Houston, TX will treat adults and even then they will really only be familiar with children.

Adults aren't allowed to have problems don't you know...
HI Lane! I've had that issue with OT in Connecticut. The place where my son was evaluated is for kids only. I really need to call them to find out if they know a place for adults, but I have a phone phobia and have been putting off making that call for a couple of months now.

I'll have to add that book to my reading list! It's funny how what you think are random quirks, can suddenly all fall into place when you start reading about SPD. Glad you found us here!

Welcome! Hope you'll jump right in when you feel comfortable!